Rule of Legislation NGO Repubblika mentioned that self-praise isn’t any foundation for closing off the investigations on the homicide of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia. The NGO is teaming up with civil society group #OccupyJustice and manueldelia.com to name for justice within the case of the murdered journalist.
The civil society group mentioned that they’re extremely incensed that Prime Minister Robert Abela nearly fell over himself to declare the Caruana Galizia investigations as concluded when all he needed to go on was the admission of one of many killers. “This self-congratulatory strategy is under no circumstances acceptable and is getting used to hoodwink the nation and make the folks overlook that there are politicians who’re nonetheless having fun with impunity on corruption and who’ve additionally benefitted from the homicide of the journalist who had uncovered their shenanigans,” mentioned the civil society grouping.
Repubblika, #OccupyJustice and manueldelia.com mentioned that the federal government has by no means stopped insisting that the investigations will cease when the murderers of Daphne Caruana Galizia are apprehended. Nevertheless, the grouping mentioned that the journalist was murdered to help and abet a mafia community that’s holding the nation hostage. They recalled that
- the corrupt Electrogas contract continues to be not investigated and authorities politicians are blocking an inquiry from investigating the details.
- 5 years after the previous Chief of Workers at OPM and former Power Minister have been discovered to have a Panama account which was receiving a day by day injection of €5,000 from Yorgen Fenech, no investigations have been concluded.
- Former PM Joseph Muscat had ties to Yorgen Fenech when, as PM, he knew that Fenech was a suspect within the homicide of the journalist.
- Joseph Muscat opened a non-public cellular chat group with Yorgen Fenech and Keith Schembri shortly after Daphne Caruana Galizia was murdered.
- This communication was stored up even after it grew to become identified that Yorgen Fenech was the proprietor of 17 Black.
- Keith Schembri spent a very long time at Joseph Muscat’s home on the eve of his arrest and subsequently, his cellular was mysteriously misplaced and by no means discovered.
- Keith Schembri had an extended phone dialog with Yorgen Fenech on the eve of the latter’s arrest.
Repubblika, #OccupyJustice and manueldelia.com mentioned that no motion has to this point been taken on the proof of the state’s witness that:
- The Degiorgio brothers had been tipped off from info obtained by Keith Schembri that they might be arrested, some 50 days after Daphne was killed.
- That Kenneth Camilleri “ta’ Kastilja” negotiated with Melvin Theuma the phrases for bail and ensured the silence of the Degiorgios.
- The previous Police Commissioner Lawrence Cutajar had sequestered proof behind the again of the investigating officers.
- No motion was taken within the case of the tried body up of Chris Cardona when Dr Ardian Vella was used as an emissary to Yorgen Fenech From Keith Schembri.
- The try by the PM to disclaim the involvement of Chris Cardona when two state witnesses implicated the previous minister in an aborted homicide plot to kill Daphne Caruana Galizia.
On the premise of those factors, Repubblika, #OccupyJustice and manueldelia.com mentioned that they are going to be calling a protest for Monday 1st March at 1700h in entrance of the Home of Representatives.