The RMC Basis is the philanthropic umbrella for the Regional Medical Heart and funds hospital operations, scientific providers and group applications to enhance the standard of life for space residents.
Began in 1987 by group leaders, staff and volunteers, the RMC Basis encourages philanthropic contributions that assist enhance the well being of our group by way of prevention applications, well being schooling and outreach.
The RMC Basis works to assist a wide range of the Regional Medical Heart’s operations, scientific providers and group applications. The Basis gives gear and assist for most cancers care and fundamental must most cancers sufferers; treatment, testing provides, schooling and outreach assist for diabetics and different in danger for diabetes; humanitarian help to sufferers and their households in extreme medical and monetary want; girls and kids’s obstetric and pediatric providers; and assist for newly recognized, breast most cancers sufferers.
The Karen J. Williams Alzheimer’s Fund was established by her household and the Rotary Membership of Orangeburg. Contributions to this fund are used to help sufferers and households all through Bamberg, Calhoun, and Orangeburg counties affected by the devastating results of Alzheimer’s and different types of dementia. Funds are utilized to help sufferers with treatment, transportation, and respite reduction for his or her caregivers.
The Basis additionally serves the group by way of applications and scholarships, together with the nationally awarded OBC Secure Children Coalition. Secure Children presents group outreach and schooling to forestall unintentional accidents amongst youngsters. Through the vacation season, the Basis works hand in hand with the RMC Chaplain Providers to supply meals containers to needy households all through our group.
The Basis helps Camp Catch-A-Breath which helps native youngsters with bronchial asthma higher perceive and management their illness. There may be additionally the Virginia B. Johnson Scholarship Fund that awards grants to chose college students from the encompassing space accepted into accredited nursing applications resulting in R.N or increased credentials. As well as, the John Shippey Lab Scholarship funds scholarships for Scientific Laboratory Science college students who’re accepted into accredited Scientific Laboratory Science diploma applications, for work in Scientific Medical Laboratories or for superior levels associated to the Scientific Medical Laboratory occupation. The Dr. Henry F. Frierson Scholarship Fund gives funding to medical resident college students dedicated to working at RMC to offset prices incurred whereas finishing their medical coaching.
With the assist of the Basis, RMC can reply to essential well being wants of the hospital and group. Via these applications and providers, the RMC Basis is frequently working towards its mission to enhance the standard of life for space residents.
Throughout fiscal yr 2019-20, the Basis invested in extra of $147,675 again into our surrounding communities and in assist of the Regional Medical Heart. Most just lately, the Basis awarded $75,000 to RMC in March 2020 to buy Private Protecting Gear (PPE) for medical employees in response to COVID-19.
Packages and funds
The RMC Basis helps fourteen standing applications and funds:
- The H. Filmore Mabry Heart for Most cancers Care
- Diabetes Fund
- Chaplain’s Disaster Fund
- Girls’s and Youngsters’s Fund
- O.B.C Secure Children Coalition
- Camp Catch-A-Breath
- Virginia B. Johnson Nursing Scholarship
- Dr. John Shippey Lab Scholarship
- Pink Ribbon Fund
- Margaret Terry Hope Fund for Most cancers Sufferers
- RMC Basis Basic Fund
- RMC Basis Endowment
- Dr. Henry F. Frierson Scholarship Fund for Medical College students
- Karen J. Williams Alzheimer’s Fund
- Basis Gala – Held in March 2020, the proceeds generated from this occasion benefited the Basis’s Basic Fund, which assists sufferers and households in medical and monetary want.
- Pink Ribbon Digital 5K – The charitable beneficiary for this occasion held all through the month of October is the Basis’s Pink Ribbon Fund which helps the Breast Well being Heart and its’ efforts to assist individuals, primarily girls, in Orangeburg, Calhoun and Bamberg counties within the struggle in opposition to breast most cancers. Funds are used to emphasize the necessity for breast examination and early detection in addition to to assist breast most cancers sufferers in medical and monetary want. Proceeds are used to fund early detection, mammograms and different diagnostic procedures for many who can not afford them, in addition to outright affected person assist to incorporate the acquisition of mastectomy assist clothes. Moreover, funds have been utilized to improve imaging gear and expertise on the RMC Breast Well being Heart. Most just lately, the Basis awarded funds to exchange the generator on the Cellular Mammography Unit.
Basis Board of Trustees
Charlie Williams, Chairman
Tracy Macpherson, MD, Vice Chairman
Allen Fairey, Treasurer
Rebekkah Brailsford, Secretary
Shane Burroughs, Quick Previous Chair
Dr. Gary Delaney
Dion Franga, MD
Thomas Gue, Jr., DMD
Leigh Ann Newsome
Dallas Lovelace, MD