Again in June 2020, Niantic detailed the Black Lives Matter donations and response it will have. For instance, its preliminary response included a promise of not less than $5 million from Pokemon GO Fest 2020 ticket sale proceeds going to charities and a brand new fund. Now, the company supplied a larger accounting of its donations, which included $7 million going to twenty-eight totally different charities.
Right here’s a listing of the 28 charities Niantic gave cash to.
- 9 Dots
- The Development Mission
- African American Group Service Company (AACSA)
- Alberta Foremost Road
- The Audre Lorde Mission
- Yard Basecamp
- Central District Discussion board for Arts & Concepts
- Metropolis of Goals
- Code Crew
- The Dunbar Coalition, Inc
- The Fairness Alliance
- Geeking Out Youngsters of Colour
- Women, Inc of NYC
- Inneract Mission
- Preserve Rising Detroit
- Women of Advantage
- Foremost St. Launch (African American Entrepreneurship Institute)
- The Montana Racial Fairness Mission
- My Block, My Hood, My Metropolis
- Oakland Public Training Fund
- RYSE Middle
- Sanctuary within the Metropolis
- Six Sq.
- TechRow Fund
- City Arts Partnership (Faculty of Interactive Arts)
- US Black Chambers
- Wilderness Works
As a reminder, the Niantic’s different preliminary charitable contributions have been as follows:
- $60,000 to Gameheads
- $100,000 to Marsha P. Johnson Institute
Niantic’s infographic additionally identified that it gave $170,000 to “pandemic reduction efforts” and $700,000 to causes that may assist folks with “training, well being, and sustainability efforts.” It didn’t particularly identify the charities that acquired these donations.
A few of Niantic’s cellular video games embody Pokemon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite for Android and Apple iOS gadgets.