BACKGROUND: Swarthmore Faculty is a spot of
rigorous mental pursuit within the liberal arts and engineering
that celebrates the lifetime of the thoughts and in addition has a robust
dedication to athletics. Swarthmore prepares leaders for the frequent
good. Ranked #3 by U.S. New and World Report for 2021
amongst nationwide liberal arts establishments, Swarthmore can also be international
in outlook and variety.
The Faculty’s pastoral 425-acre campus is situated 11 miles from
Philadelphia. True to its Quaker roots, Swarthmore nonetheless values the
guiding principles of that group, together with however not restricted
to social justice and a dedication to creating the world a greater
place. Swarthmore is a collaborative, culturally wealthy group
with a longstanding dedication to variety, fairness, and inclusion,
and to offering the assets needed for all college students to thrive
The Tri-Co Consortium connects Swarthmore with Bryn Mawr and
Haverford Schools and permits college students to broaden their social and
educational alternatives throughout three stellar establishments.
Smith, a distinguished scholar of African American literature
is Swarthmore’s President. Her important priorities embody
attracting extra low-income and first-generation college students,
innovating the curriculum, growing variety, and strengthening
relationships between the Faculty and the area.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Vice President for
Development leads a workforce of 48 and stories to and works intently
with the President and Board of Managers. The VP supplies strategic
course and modern approaches to constructing a strong
philanthropic tradition. That is an entrepreneurial alternative to
assist Swarthmore have interaction with more and more numerous constituencies,
cut back reliance on the endowment and make sure that the Faculty has
the assets to satisfy its mission now and into the long run.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Profitable management within the development subject, ideally in a
greater training setting.
- Candidates who carry related, transferable expertise from
different profitable not-for-profit settings or the industrial and
philanthropic communities may also be thought-about.
- Demonstrated success partnering with a CEO and dealing with a
board of administrators.
- Report of cultivating and soliciting main, principal, and
different transformational items (7-8 figures) from current and new
- Main capital/endowment marketing campaign expertise.
- Report of innovation and development.
- Strategic, data-driven; tech savvy and dedicated to finest
observe within the subject.
- Familiarity with the nationwide philanthropic group.
- Expertise constructing, main, and provoking numerous,
- Agency dedication to variety, fairness, and inclusion
- Beneficiant, respectful colleague and institutional participant.
- Relationship administration expertise in any respect ranges; a excessive “EQ”.
- Genuine dedication to greater training and the worth of the
liberal arts in modern society.
- Excellent written and presentation expertise; a persuasive
- Mental curiosity.
- Bachelor’s diploma is required; a sophisticated diploma is very
click here to use on-line through the Howe-Lewis Expertise
Portal. You may additionally e mail your resume and letter of curiosity to