9 native organizations – from Oceanside to Metropolis Heights – will obtain $195,209 in grant funding to help susceptible seniors throughout San Diego County.
The San Diego Seniors Group Basis’s “No Senior Alone” Initiative awarded the funds, aided by an identical grant from the Sahm Household Basis.
The grants intention to bolster lonely seniors, whose plight has been exacerbated by the pandemic.
“To help our most remoted seniors, we should put money into a various set of suppliers that develop senior programming, construct connective networks and create alternatives for seniors to contribute to the group,” stated Bob Kelly, CEO and president of San Diego Seniors Group Basis.
Officers chosen the grant recipients due to the variety of the older individuals they serve and for his or her dedication to addressing the rising wants and issues of typically underserved socially remoted older individuals.
The inspiration awarded grants to:
- Villa Musica: $27,200 for Music on the Transfer, out of doors concert events and workshops for seniors;
- San Marcos Senior Heart: $14,910 for Connecting Seniors with Expertise;
- The Problem Heart: $16,000 for Outside Well being Applications for Seniors, creating bodily remedy and train lessons in secure, socially distant methods;
- Somali Household Providers: $25,000 for Group Well being Employee Outreach Program, supporting remoted seniors in Metropolis Heights and close by communities;
- Oceanside Senior Heart: $15,000 for Digital Cafe, a program to offer gear, instruction and help to enhance digital connections;
- Peninsula Shepherd Heart: $16,000 for Connections via Expertise program, a program to enhance digital connections;
- Basis for SeniorCare: $6,620 for Telehealth Connections program, gear and help to assist rural seniors entry medical care via digital platform;
- The San Diego LGBT Heart: $50,034 for Group Outreach and Digital Assist program, to enhance digital connections for LGBTQ seniors; and
- Neighborhood Home Senior Heart: $24,445 for Digital Well being and Wellness program, a program to offer gear to enhance digital connections for seniors.
– Metropolis Information Service
Basis Awards Practically $200K to Fight Social Isolation Amongst Seniors was final modified: November twentieth, 2020 by
>> Subscribe to Instances of San Diego’s free day by day e mail e-newsletter! Click here